Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Let's count the spelling and grammar mistakes!

Eight Sabbats, and they are called by thousands of names. And that’s no joke. I bet you will learn of even more names, then I have listed here. While doing more research before I started this lesson, I too learned a few more names of the Sabbats. We never stop learning. Even if we have been in the Craft for a hundred years, will always learn something new. Remember that. Don’t ever stop learning, and growing. It is when we stop learning, and growing, that we stop living.
Imbolc. The first Sabbat. Wrong. It’s not the first. Our year does not start one Jan. 1st. Our year, well it starts on Samhain. So let’s start from there. Samhain, or Day of the Dead, or All Saints day, or any one of the million names for it, is the day when the world of the Spirit realm, and the our world is thinnest (I think he meant "veil between the spirit realm and our world"). It is when the souls of the dead can easily walk, and communicate in the this world. It is a time of traveling for the Spirits. It is also a time when we honor the dead, and our loved ones. Most of us do this by setting an exrta place at the dinner table for loved ones who have past. Just one plate will do. If you wish, you can even set up a table just for them. Lighting a candle in your window, is also how most Witches celebrate Samhain. This allows the Spirits to find their way. Also, you may wish to go to the cemetery and honor the ones past. But be sure to leave an apple or two at the front gate. As a sign of respect.

Now let’s look at Yule Tide. This might have a million names too, but I just know the one. This is a time when the God is dieing, and is also getting ready to be reborn in the Spring. Some Witches will put up a Yule tree, and burn a Yule log. Or just burn a Log. Yule is not, and I repeat NOT christmas. Christmas is a christian holiday based on Yule. Witches do a number of things to honor this Sabbat. I just lit a candle, and meditate. I think of the Earth, and of the God, and for a fast Spring. Really, Yule as lost some meaning due to christmas. For me anyway. To learn more on Yule you might want to check out The Witches Bible, by Janet, and Stewart Farrar The Witches Bible has the eight Sabbats, and The Witches way. Two very good books.

The Sabbats are very important. I talk light of them, but they are. But in some situations it is hard to celebrate them. Like teens can’t always do a ritual. And other situations come up too. If you can’t do anything for a Sabbat, light a candle. Say a prayer to the Lord, and Lady. Or sit, and meditate for a bit. It is hard for a lot of Witches to make every Ritual. I miss a few due to some things. And life can nip ya in the but too. The Lord, and Lady understand. Like I said I missed Candlemas this year, it was not in my control. Blessings, Elder RavenFire

I'm curious, that since he is an Elder and all that, why he only knows one name for Yule. I mean, really--Winter Solstice, Yuletide, Jul, Midwinter, Alban Arthuan, and many other names, come up with just a Google search.

I also wonder if he has actually read "The Witches' Way" and "A Witches' Bible".

I find eRF has an issue with punctuation, using commas and periods in innapropriate places. On the other end, he doesn't use them when required. Makes one wonder if he at least uses Spellcheck.

I'm also curious as to why he feels he can teach if he cannot even write a paragraph without it being full of spelling and grammatical errors. In my belief, one who teaches should at least have a good grasp of their native language.

1 comment:

Admiral Byrd said...

Funny how the person who claims we never stop learning is the same person who adamantly refuses to learn anything new, prefering to base his so-called teaching on the one or two questionable books he managed to skim.

The Admiral